Feel connected in science and debate
The 28th edition of the Genetics Retreat - NVHG graduate meeting will take place on 17 and 18 May 2018. This annual two-day event covers human and clinical genetics, molecular/translational genetics, genomics and epigenetics in health, development and disease in a wide range of disciplines. It is intended for: PhD students, (junior) postdocs, their supervisors and all other scientists from universities, clinical institutions and research centres in the Netherlands and neighboring countries.
Go directly to online registration.
The meeting aims to create an informal yet professional setting and offers a wonderful training opportunity, especially for PhD students who just started their projects. Unfolding your research plans is as informative and useful as presenting actual data: the Genetics Retreat - NVHG graduate meeting offers an excellent setting to receive professional input on your project. Since the start in 1990 the venue is the former Augustinian abbey of Rolduc in Kerkrade (NL). That is why the meeting is popularly called the 'Rolduc meeting'.
Feel part of the ever expanding (human) genetics family
'Feel connected’ symbolizes our aim to make all participants feel part of the ever expanding (human) genetics family. This family comprises ‘veterans’, but also many new PhD students from the different centres in the Netherlands and from across the borders in Belgium and Germany. In addition, we aim to bring the research communities in the lab and in the clinic closer to each other, i.e. to connect bench and bedside. Last but not least, the Genetics Retreat - NVHG graduate meeting is a place where the academic research community meets industry. You can exchange novel scientific findings, to discuss novel ideas and outlooks, and, equally important, to meet peers in a friendly, constructive atmosphere.
Under auspices of NVHG
Since 2015 the meeting is organized under the auspices of the Dutch Association for Human Genetics (NVHG). Existing or new NVHG-members will receive a discount on their registration fee for the Genetics Retreat.
Sign in to our newsletter
If you like to stay informed about this meeting, just sign in to our newsletter by sending an email to firstname.lastname@example.org stating 'newsletter Genetics Retreat - NVHG graduate meeting'.
Why should you attend the Genetics Retreat - NVHG graduate meeting?
- As a PhD student you can gain proficiency in discussing your ongoing research.
- As a PhD student you can develop your presentation skills in an informal but professional setting.
- The PhD student with the best oral presentation will be invited to give a presentation during the NVHG annual meeting.
- The three best oral presentations (by PhD students) will be rewarded an award (see: overview former prize winners).
- You will be updated on forefront research in the Netherlands, Belgium and Germany.
- PhD students will receive feedback on their oral presentation.
- You will be inspired by a top-notch speaker during the NVHG-keynote lecture.
- You have ample opportunity to discuss research projects among peers, with principal investigators and with the keynote speaker.
- As a participant you get exclusive access to the abstracts.
- You can break free from your daily routine and combine science with pleasure.
- You can become connected to the Genetics Retreat community and if you become a member of NVHG, also to their community.
- The event as well as the hotel rooms in Rolduc are inexpensive.